Best Flooring was founded in 1953 by Sidney Feldman who felt like the Indianapolis flooring industry lacked something unique. It’s for this reason that he and his friend went on to venture into the flooring world. Back then, the company was called Craftsman Floor Covering. Since its formation, Best Flooring has undergone significant changes to suite the constantly evolving demands of the customers. In 2008 for instance, it changed its name to Big Bob’s Carpet. Under this new name, Best Flooring became part of the popular Big Bob’s flooring franchise that was founded by Dave Elychar. It’s a nationwide franchise that has built its reputation through the provision of excellent services for decades. Dave Elychar played a key role in the establishment of the Best Flooring Indianapolis branch referred to as Big Bob’s Indy.
Big Bob’s Indy mainly provided flooring “specials” services. These were in the field of mill overruns, overstocks and discontinues. They utilized the influence and purchasing power of the Big Bob franchise to secure some of the best deals and raw materials for use. As a result, they continuously provided new and unique services at very affordable prices.
Best Flooring then moved out of, the Big Bob’s Carpet franchise changing ownership to Jeff Dewalt. The company became NHQ Certified in 2006 by the NAHB. Its provision of excellent results has also not gone unnoticed. It bagged the Davis and Estridge Home award of Best Subcontractor of the year two years running. It’s also a two-time nominee of the President’s awards by Estridge Homes winning the award once.
For expansion purposes and to serve its clients better off, Best Flooring had to move to the Northwest of Indianapolis from the Broad Ripple. In this new location, the company has a warehouse and a brilliant facility where customers can not only receive information regarding flooring options but can also get to see what they are buying. To ensure that your house perfectly blends with your flooring decision and doesn’t inconvenience you in any way, they came up with services known as “Best Inspect.” This is an inspection technique where they try to identify and rectify any issues or errors with your floor. The new stocked facility has increased the number of services they offer. You can choose from the hardwood, resilient/vinyl, carpet, laminate, stone and tiles flooring options. Other than these they could also hook you up with window treatments and area rugs. The following is a brief description of these flooring alternatives.
- Hardwood – Hardwood is a popular flooring option that enables you to enjoy scratch proof and highly resilient floors. Depending on the type of wood you choose, you could also end up with a temperamental floor. Best Flooring experts will take you through the various grades, species, finishes, width, and styles of the woods explaining the benefits of each one of them. This allows you to make an informed decision about how you want your hardwood floor to be like.
- Laminate – This particular floor has been designed to resemble the ceramic, natural stone and hardwood floors. It gives your floor a premium appearance while remaining affordable both to purchase and regarding maintenance.
- Tile and stone – Tiles and stones come in different colors and shapes. This provides you with endless possibilities of how you can design your floor. It’s durable making it an ideal choice for areas of high traffic and susceptible to spillage.
With the ceramic tiles, you can give your room either a vibrant or calm personality depending on the texture and color you choose.
Stone flooring makes your room feel surreal and natural. You can choose different types of stones such as limestone, granite, travertine, slate, and marble. These are robust and durable providing a lifetime of services that are worth your investment.
- Vinyl – Vinyl offers unlimited choices regarding designs. They look just like tiles and stones with hardwood patterns. It’s a combination with a unique touch that’ll give your entire house a dynamic character. They feel elastic when walking on them and are water resistant thus increasing durability.
- Carpet – Carpet is widely known and has been used for decades. With carpets, you can decide on the fibers, cuts, padding, yarns, and designs that you prefer.
With the decades of experience in the flooring industry, Best Flooring knows exactly what your best option is. They will advise you on what is ideal for you and provide you with an expert installer to set it up for you or give you a guide for the easy to install options so that you can do it yourself. Best Flooring will uniquely change how your floor and house looks and feels like.